Sunday, July 1, 2012

Late Night Love Note

Daylight falls upon my skin,
The cat upon my lap,
Shirking pain the best I can,
I wish only for a nap.

The pillows prop my knees up high,
The ground beneath supports,
I only hope for some relief,
I can't expect much more.

The clock must work against me,
My eyes with red are burnt,
The aging lack of sleep won't go,
It cannot be reversed

The curtains try, but cannot block,
The morning light outside,
The moon has come and gone again,
I can no longer hide.

I try quite hard to close my eyes,
I know they never will
The pain that lies within my spine
Will always keep me ill

I wait and hope so desperately for
What others would conceive
To be a normal day for them
Would be heavenly to me

I try to move just slightly,
To take away the fire
But all I truly know to do
Is lay here and retire

No comments:

Post a Comment