Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Haunted by a Dream

I found this in a draft I had written forever ago, but I really liked it.



Last night I had a dream,
That you had left my side
And all I did was sit there
I woke up and I cried

This morning when I called you
I couldn't find the strength
To tell you I was really mad
For leaving in my sleep

Today at lunch I kissed you
And secretly I feared
That every kiss was meaningless
My only response: tears

And in my dream, when you left
I couldn't say a thing
I tried to open up my mouth
But out came silly strings

Of words I couldn't bear to say
Words I didn't want to need
The haunting fear of memory
From things inside a dream

So if my mind just wants to say
"i couldn't let you go"
Or if it's trying to warn me,
I wouldn't ever know

I'm scared to tell you of that night
For fear it might be true
Or fear that it's not nearly right
I fear it might change you.

No comments:

Post a Comment